Friday, September 21, 2007

4. THE IMPORTANCE OF WORD CHOICE

From the Archives

(March 2005) Random Factoid: Leslie Feinberg (author of Stone Butch Blues and Transgender Warriors and partner to southern poet, writer and activist Minnie Bruce Pratt) uses the gender-neutral pronoun “ze” (pronounced “zee”) for “he” or “she” and the possessive "hir” (pronounced “here”) for “her” or “him.”

All right. So I know I’m being a small and petty person here, but I’m going to write this anyway. I was scrolling through Yahoo! personals tonight, astounded by how many people I would never, ever respond to, when I found this description:

smal woman ,which is me,looking for a active, agresive, dominante lady ,which sould to be you,what is up to you....i am lesbian ...so please be serious abouth , honesty and health is my request.


The f*ck?

No comments: